Sunday 31 August 2014

Mechwarrior Online Davion Guards Centurion and Dragon


It's great to see these finished after such a long time span. They are going to look great as a lance next to my ELH lance.

First is the 1/60 scale Centurion he's the most advanced of my builds numerous small parts and joints as well as different variant options go into making this model look as close to the MWO original as possible. It was a pleasure to paint I think he really suits the Guards scheme. The pose was at ease stance i felt this looked the best. He has the same magnetics in the barrels as the PGI model to allow quick changes.

Mechwarrior Online - Centurion
mwomercs.com
Scale: 1/60
Size: 17cm tall (to main mass)
Articulation free: Elbows, shoulders, waist
Articulation glued: Ankles, Knees, Hips






Following on is the MWO 1/60 scale Dragon. Here he is shown with a UAC5 barrel this can be swapped for the AC barrel. This model needed more prep than the centurion as the printing process wasn't as good. I did this and based coated it before putting it aside so I could paint the centurion and him as the same time. I'm most please with the dragons mouth. I painted something similar on the PGI version but for there's I stuck to their artwork. On mine I had more free rain and added more shading and an outline. I chose a striding stance to show off how much articulation you can get with my models and how stable they are.

Mechwarrior Online - Dragon
mwomercs.com
Scale: 1/60
Size: 19.5cm tall (to main mass)
Articulation free: Elbows, shoulders waist
Articulation glued: Ankles, Knees, Hips




And here we have the full guards lance ready to deploy;


Thoughts;
- I'm still searching for that perfect 3D printing process I still want to move to plastic injection.
- I wish I hadn't made a custom mix blue for these guys its a grey blue and boy was it a pita mixing it to match. But there isnt many off the self grey shades.
- I'm really pleased with the guards scheme it pops nicely without over whelming the details and to me screams Battletech!!
- Whats next, not sure I have some old armorcast models in boxes maybe paint them in the style of the B'tech cartoon.



19 comments:

  1. What to do next!!! Plz carry on with the MWO theme. I've seen other people try a plastic printer atlas but they don't have your skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will I just want to try and get mechs on the card I want to do like the Thor! I'd like to make an assault mech too

      Delete
  2. I've been following the progress of these for a while now, they look amazing all finished! Great job :)
    You probably get this a lot but do you sell/plan to sell any of your kits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, if there's any spares left over they get sold always worth leave your email with me.

      Delete
  3. No problem :)
    Drop me a line on el_ben223@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, stunning work. I know you must get this all the time, but if you have spare casts for sale, please drop me a line! eric.nels.jorgenson@gmail.com
    Thanks again for bringing this into the world. I'm so happy it exists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! I'd totally love to buy one or two. Any plans to do a Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaign to mass-produce them? You'd make $, customers would see lower pricing and get to own the amazing work you created - it'd be a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to buy Centurion with delivery in Russia ! How much will it cost?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work and painting! I would gladly buy a Centurion if/when you had one to sell.
    Jamie Walter

    jamie.walter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. jrgatien@starfrit.com email if any for sales please all paint mad cat or any of the photo thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. jrgatien@starfrit.com email if any for sales please all paint mad cat or any of the photo thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I don't sell painted models. Some times I have unpainted spares left over that find new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. when you have spares keep me informed please

    ReplyDelete
  12. when you have spares keep me informed please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just drop me an email on the one listed above, I keep a list of people.

      Delete