Monday 4 January 2016

Vallejo chipping medium test

Did a test piece for the Vallejo chipping medium (shortening it to chipper from here on). Good job too turns out it needs to be thinned for airbrushing, neat it spat instead of sprayed.

Black base coat, teal, one yellow stripe (small) and one yellow stripe over white (larger)
The results:
So masking tape doesn't pull the paint +1
I can use multiple layers of different paint +1
Paint comes off clean so I can now put down a pass of white for weaker colours like red/yellow +10
I need to thin the chipping medium so it sprays even and not speckled -1
I went back 24hrs later and I could still chip the paint (not shown).+1
The teal needs to be toned way down to match the MWO original screen shot

Going to give the test another go with the chipper thinned. Better safe than sorry

In other news I have little masking left on the two PGI mechs and the kids are back at school/nursery so hopefully I be able get through my to-do list in quicker fashion.

Happy New year

No comments:

Post a Comment